In an Eclipse install with both FusionDebug and CFBuilder, beware how your breakpoints are set and which debugger interprets them. Turns out that a breakpoint set using FusionDebug is not recognized by CFB when CFB debugger is run. Furthermore, any breakpoints set with CFB ARE recognized by FD's bebugger, except that FD debugger then "converts" CFB breaks to FD breakpoints so that CFB will then no longer recognize them when CFB debugger is run again.
Interestingly, the two "look" exactly the same. so you can't really tell except to know which debugger ran last. :P But you can distinguish which type of breakpoint to set by right clicking in the line-number area and choosing either to set Fusion Debug Breakpoint or set Breakpoint (CFB).
A quick support ticket to both Adobe and Integral was sent. Don't know if CFB is "giving up" its breakpoint designation or if FD is snagging it. Integral's response was "hmmm, interesting, may be the 'nature' of Eclipse". No response from Adobe yet.
The back story of how bug was uncovered...: After thinking about it for months now, a few weeks ago, I decided to install CFBuilder in my Eclipse. I had been using the OLD-OLD-deprecated CFDebugger for a few functions, it was time.
I also have been using FusionDebug for years, each debugger bringing something to the development table. And, the two are "told" to be able to coexist peacefully with each other.
And they do. sort of.
After clean installs and testing RDS, CFB seemed to work fine except that CFB would not recognize breakpoints. And FD was perfectly happy firing off breakpoints on the same install After days of headbanging and threatening to swap to Ubuntu, I called in the reinforcements: Charlie Arehart (who, if you havent tried his troubleshooting services, does a fabulous job). Together we walked through all the usual "troublespots" for CFB and FD. It was only after we troubleshoot a variety of scenarios that we realized the issue.
My thanks to Charlie for skipping lunch over it :)